I am sure we can all commiserate together in saying that the winter can really do a number on your skin, am I right? The forced air heat, hot showers, wind, icy cold weather – not good. Here is a round-up of all of my favorite products for the winter for my skin!
- This is my new holy grail! I don’t know about you, but I wake up every morning and my lips are cracked and dry. This First Aid Beauty Lip Therapy is amazing to slather on at night before bed. I wake up, and my lips feel amazing. I also am in love with the First Aid Beauty BarriAIR cream. The texture is so different – almost like a whipped texture – and it pretty much melts into your skin. It actually feels like its working which I love. I put it on at night with my eye cream, and just a dab in the morning. Its thick for sure, so if you have oily skin I don’t know how much you will love it. For a slightly thinner version, the Coconut Skin Smoothing Primer is a perfect, lightweight primer. Really, I fell in love with all of this brand so you cannot go wrong!
- We know, you are super pale; I am super pale; its winter guys – it happens! But that doesn’t mean we can’t do something about it! Place a couple drops of the Isle of Paradise tanning drops into your moisturizer and wake up with tanned skin! I use the darkest one (the purple one) even though I don’t have olive or tanned skin naturally, and it works perfectly. My other favorite product is the Ulta brand self-tanning mousse. I use a glove and the color is seriously perfect and not streaky!
- Since my skin is uber sensitive in the winter, a gentle face wash is key. This one by Lather is super gentle and mild for the winter.
Winter Hair Care
- Ugh. Let’s talk about how terrible my hair can feel in the winter months! Moroccan oil has been a life saver for me for my dry locks! A little goes a LONG way, so the entire bottle can last for a really long time. It’s also super affordable, and I started using it per recommendation from my hair stylist since my extension locks are so dry! Another issue is static – and this John Frieda Frizz-Ease is perfect for static and frizz!
- This is an obvious one. I throw a good hand creme in my purse, and mine is from Trader Joes (came in a 3-pack for Christmas!) It has tons of shea butter and its super thick, but not greasy at all! Trader Joes has a whole section for beauty items so I am sure you can find the lotion in store.