I’ll be honest before I chatted with Saranghae, I was not familiar at all with Korean skincare. Heck, I am not even that familiar with regular skincare if I am being honest. Since one of my New Year’s resolutions is to take care of myself, I figure trying out a new skincare regimen is exactly what I needed.
A quick google search shows that Korean skincare is so popular right now! And I can see why – the roots of this skincare brand go back 600 years, with herbs and botanicals grown in the rich volcanic soil of a mountain in South Korea. These botanicals are said to have healing powers, and that even the Royal Family of Korea sought out these products to treat different ailments. All that being said, the product ingredient list and the story behind them seems so promising. Speaking of ingredients, Koreans swear by the ingredient Ginseng for longevity, which is also found in these Saranghae products. I will admit, I was a bit intimidated at first. As someone who doesn’t really have a skincare routine, a 5-step daily routine seemed a little daunting. But I have been trying it for a few weeks now, and just like anything, once I got into the habit, it was easy!
- Saranghae Nourishing & Moisturizing Oil + Foam Cleanser – this is the first step of the process. Let me just mention this product has GOLD in it – with actual gold sparkles in it! The cleanser is a makeup remover, dirt remover, and facial cleanser – all in one! So naturally, I love this product. I have naturally dry skin, so this was the perfect cleanser, plus eliminated the need for me to use my makeup remover towelette and my face wash.
- Saranghae Deep Radiance Essence + Serum – According to Saranghae’s website, “The Saranghae Deep Radiance Essence + Serum is designed to penetrate your outer epidermis layer and deliver crucial nutrients like antioxidants, amino acids, and vitamins directly to your living cells”. Easier to copy and paste that since I couldn’t reiterate with such eloquence! This serum is serious. It’s thick and rich, and definitely my favorite product of the bunch.
- Saranghae Firm and Lift Cellular Regeneration Cream – this is absolutely my new go-to moisturizer. I was a little bit nervous about how thick it was, but it is lightweight and not greasy at all. I use a lot on my face, especially because of the winter weather, and it makes my skin smooth and glowy, and perfect for applying makeup too.
- Saranghae Focus Renewal Eye Cream – My eyes are the biggest problem area for me. My undereye is just so thin and I have really dark circles. Unfortunately, I also am developing tiny wrinkles (insert crying face). This product is supposed to reduce dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, wrinkles & lift, and firm sagging skin. I haven’t seen a huge difference with this product alone, but I am hoping that changes once I give it some more time!
- Saranghae Elemental Essence Mask – The sheet mask is definitely different than the ones I have used before! First, it’s super thick which I wasn’t expecting. It also tingles on your face – but not in a bad way, in a way where it feels like it is actually getting work done. My skin definitely felt tighter and brighter afterward.
So this is my first experience with Korean skincare, and although there is a lot of steps, my experience has been awesome. I have noticed that after two weeks, my complexion is brighter and my skin just feels better. I haven’t noticed any change in my dark circles or wrinkles, but I think it will take time to notice a difference there. The other thing I wanted to mention is the affordability. Since my blog is about living an affordable lifestyle, I will admit that the pricing for this regimen is not drugstore prices, but it is definitely more affordable than the high-end skin product lines that are out there that you would find at a department store or a Sephora. I think that based on the products that you are getting, and the size of the products, it’s well worth the investment. They also offer a membership price to save a little money as well! I really encourage you to do some research on Saranghae and see if its right for you!
Saranghae is an award-winning Korean 5 Step Anti-Aging skin care routine that heals, regenerates and protects your skin. Saranghae’s focus on natural ingredients, highly effective products, and excellence in customer service has helped them become the fastest growing Korean skin care brand in the United States.For more information please visit: www.lovesaranghae.com
**I received these products for free for review purposes. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience.*